How much did you pay to your IRA or Keogh?

How much did you pay to your IRA or Keogh?

This is question 44b on the paper Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA?) form.

The answer to this question might be prefilled with "Transferred from the IRS."

If the answer to this question isn’t prefilled, enter the total amount of your IRA deductions and payments to self-employed SEP, SIMPLE, and Keogh and other qualified plans, in 2018.

If you filed (or if married, you and your spouse filed) a joint tax return, the IRA/Keogh/SEP/SIMPLE payments can be found on IRS Form 1040 Schedule 1-lines 28 + 32.

If you and your spouse filed separate tax returns, enter the total amount from IRS Form 1040 Schedule 1-lines 28 + 32 from both tax returns.

If you or your spouse will file a federal tax return, but haven’t yet filed, estimate the amount that will appear in the lines noted above.

The image below shows you where to find IRS Form 1040 Schedule 1 lines 28 and 32.

2018 form 1040 with lines 28 and 32 outlined

Note: The line number references above are from the IRS tax form, not from the W-2 form.

Round to the nearest dollar and don’t include commas or decimal points.

Is this answer helpful?

Thank you for your response.
Total Characters: 500 Remaining: 500